Launch and Objective:
- In 2016, the former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan had launched a portal to curb illegal collection of money by companies.
- The “Sachet” website is an initiative of the State Level Coordination Committee (SLCC). SLCC is the joint forum formed in all the States to facilitate the information sharing among the Regulators viz. RBI, SEBI, IRDA, NHB, PFRDA, Registrar of Companies etc. with the objective to control the incidents of unauthorized acceptance of deposits by unscrupulous entities.
What can be Checked from Sachet Website:
- We can check whether or not a particular entity seeking to accept public deposits is registered with any regulator and whether the entity is permitted to accept deposits.
- Access regulations prescribed by all the financial regulators that different entities have to follow.
- File and track a complaint if any entity has illegally accepted money from them and/ or defaulted in repayment of deposits.
- Share information regarding any entities that have illegally accepted money and/ or defaulted in repayment of deposits.
Filing a Complaint:
- In case you have noticed any suspect activity, the same can be brought to the notice of the regulators by clicking on the “Help your regulator” tab.
- If you have any complaint against specific entity which has defaulted on repayment of deposits/ money collected under any scheme, click on the link “File a Complaint”
- Once you know under which regulator the company falls, you may select the appropriate regulator or otherwise register the complaint normally.
- The complaint submitted on the website would be immediately forwarded to the concerned Regulator/ Law Enforcement Authority.
- Once the complaint is forwarded to the concerned Authority, you would receive the contact details of the Authority through email and SMS for contact.
- While the Regulator/ Law Enforcement Authority will give the immediate attention to the complaint, there is no definite time for the resolution of the complaint as the resolution depends on several factors including legal procedures.
- Complaint status can be checked through the option “Track Your Complaint”.